Easel Pro drills a hole first every time!

Hi Ruwan,
I have only tested it once but it did not do the plunge! I will test a few more times to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
A suggestion: is it possible to use whatever was causing it to drill straight down and implement it as a feature in Easel? I know a lot of users would appreciate it!
Also, since I hadn’t planned on using a free Easel Pro day could you credit me with the day I’m using right now?
Thanks,
…Gord

Hi I just had it drag across my file as well and just googled it and now see there is an issue. Glad it’s not me but destroyed artwork and don’t have work for client. V bit 60° FREE day… I guess free isn’t free. Hope it gets fixed. There should be warning up there for known issues. A I can look out for it and B if you’re looking for people to test we’d be able to confirm.

Still testing and it just started my latest test with another drilled hole! Link to the file:
http://easel.inventables.com/projects/MMdvdPWuWUMwvDKvfrp5SQ

Plunge was at top left of the first T in TEST. Just opened up the file from the link I provided and it does not show that plunge.
Screen capture of original carve with plunge at start:

Pour Test Capture

Hi GordRock,

Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved. I’ve opened a new category to communicate with everyone about issues being actively investigated and will provide updates there moving forward on this issue.

Hi @GordRock,

We deployed a fix for this issue. Could you please have a look?

Thank you

Ruwan.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, Ruwan. Been too busy with other things to even look at the XC. I fired it up long enough to do a quick test - didn’t even finish the carve - and it did not plunge the bit the way it was doing before. I realize it’s not much of a test but I hope it’s better than nothing!

1 Like

Thank you @GordRock!