Easel Pro Forum Discussion

Agreed, I just get frustrated with the PRO term. Most of us hear are not pros and the machines we use are hobby machines. Let’s called it Easel 2.1.a

idk lol personally I hate all those version numbers behind something sometimes it makes it hard to communicate with support staff

like mach 3 if you are familiar

maybe something like Easel Advanced (with more features though)

1 Like

If nothing else, Inventables certainly are “Pro’s” of muddying the waters lol

I’m not sure where a lot of the controversy is coming from. It sounds like Easel Pro will be a win-win for Inventables. They get a little more income to support development of Easel, which has had to pull money from store sales until now. And the people who use Easel will get better and more frequent support for the software that they like to use.

It doesn’t affect people, like me, who don’t use Easel and probably never will. My projects don’t fit inside any of the entry-level software that’s out there. But given enough time, Easel might evolve into a CAD/CAM solution that can do what I need. I think it’s got at least a couple years to go to reach that level, but Inventables needs money to make that happen, and this “Pro” subscription plan isn’t a bad way to do it.

As far as the private Easel Pro forum… Out of sight, out of mind? I don’t think that private forums (except beta testing forums legally bound by NDA) are usually good for business. I don’t think it’s a bad idea to make the private forum Read Only to avoid spam and unrelated discussion, but it shouldn’t be locked behind an opaque wall. So, I hope that’s not the case.

Just my opinion.

@BrianStone

I really think the main reason that people are upset is because of the features on Easel Free vs. Easel Pro

v-engraving and a couple fonts are not worth the 19.99 a month

I think if Inventables launched Easel Pro with about 10 extra features over Easel Free that where really valuable to businesses people would be as upset

It was a premature launch imo Easel Pro is by now means Pro when it comes to Pro software

also everyone is wanting a new and improved machine because its getting outdated fast

Zach is preparing the details for the program. It is more than just access to the software.

He is designing a small business solution.

I would love to hear about that when its available to read

My fear is that this is just the start of things. First Easel Pro version will be subscription, then if successful it will filter down to standard Easel. Of course there will be a new feature to justify the move. This is not a mmo game or a service so why not have a pro version as a standalone program. After all one of the biggest problems with Easel is the need for a good internet service.After all if the pro version is for business you would not want to stop production while the local internet service provider sends a repair person over next week.

need to cut to .25" deep…click button…depth to .125" is free but going to .25" is 2.99…I’m out

lol just kidding

1 Like

Lol. We laugh, but one of the “premium” difference between Vectric VCarve Desktop and VCarve Pro is the maximum area that you’re allowed to cut. I think it’s limited to 24" square. That’s one of the reasons why I haven’t made the jump to VCarve. But, really the main reason is because Fusion 360 does almost everything I need it to do.

1 Like

yeah I know what you mean I had to straight to V-carve pro and now I want to go to Aspire but 2000.00 like you said when I can manipulate 3D objects in Autodesk products for free

1 Like

O LORD !!! Can we all just get over this whole Easel PRO thing???

If you want to pay PRO membership and be part of some elite group, then go ahead PAY the $20 per month for the extra features and the right to complain about what you’re paying for.

If you DO NOT want to spend your hard earned cash on the new PRO features, then DON’T, but PLEASE…STOP Whining about what you’re not paying for.

I’m not trying to take away from anyone’s right to express their opinions, @Zach_Kaplan has even encouraged people to point out the Pro’s and Con’s, but PLEASE PEOPLE… This forum has long been a very helpful tool and a place I like to spend my time, but recently has started down the quickly increasing decline into just another complaint blog. (read Bitch Session)

I agree with Zach, Pro’s and Cons should be discussed, but negative complaints about PRO have quickly invaded every aspect of this forum.

Get over it… Pay for PRO or don’t, but stop complaining about not getting everything for free or not being part of something that other people are paying for…

4 Likes

I agree Phil and they should see that it could hurt them.
If as a hobby user I cannot get answers I sure would not be as likely subscribe later.

1 Like

can you share the newsletter?

1 Like

oh yeah I second that v-engraving is still 2.5D toolpaths with a form tool

although there could be some debate to that as I believe a 3D toolpath is defined as whenever the z-axis moves is conjunction with the other 2 simultaneously

which depending on the v-engraving the tool might actually do that briefly

which you can see here in the code

v-engraving this lettering

thoughts?

I wonder if someone out there can help. I am going to get a small cnc router and the easel software to run it seems to be the easiest for me.
My knowledge of a cnc router from 1 to 10 is zero. However playng around with easel cnc i cant find the way to undo if I make a mistake or to exit easel.
Any suggestion and Regards to all
Leslie

Hi Leslie :wave:

There is an undo button under the edit menu (or by pressing ctrl+Z)

This only works for changes during the current visit to the project, so I will often make duplicates if the workpiece as I progress through the design in order to save my own progress into time stamps of different stages of the design in case I mess up pretty bad, this makes going back even easier…

Regarding exiting, you can close the browser, or enter a different web address to navigate elsewhere. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.