Easel ruins another project

Lol yes my xcp has done this a couple times too, and without any real cause.

To the OP, I would make sure safety height is high. The defaults are low (I think for time optimization purposes), but I’ve buzzed thru plenty of hold downs so I’m always .75 or so safety height.

Thanks Griffin
I’m starting to think this is the nature of the beast​:japanese_ogre: I’m sure glad my projects are simple and my wood grade is inexpensive. Thank you Everyone for trying to help this old guy figure out his high tech hobby. Maybe I should stick to watching TV and making puzzles :flushed:

1 Like

Agreed…
If only all X-Carve owners lived next to one another.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

2 Likes

If your safety height is actually .015, and not .15, then I would think getting rid of that “0” might solve your problem.

Thanks Millerama
I re-Ck’d safety height it is set @ .15
Jim Tar

1 Like

It looks pretty charming.

I used the pro version to learn on and it was great for a beginner. I rapidly grew out of it and it is very limited ! I just bit the bullet and purchased Vetrics Vcarve Pro !
There is a tremendous amount of online support and files for the software.
Best decision

1 Like

Check your Z wire.

Thanks Hyde
I’ve Ck’d all wire connections they’re all good. I’m at a point we’re I’ve given up on things to Ck I’v come to the conclusion that it’s just the nature of the beast and I’ll have to work around it luckily my projects are simple and mostly use pine. Being that I use Easel,UGCS and have a Millwright carve king ll there’s to many variables that might be causing glitches. :disappointed:

I’ve been thinking about doing this as well. What would be your top 3 things it does better than easel?

Once you are done in vectric software it creates gcode and you import into easel?

I would like to profile cut a bunch of pieces w/ 1/8” bit and then do some 1/4” drill holes but no real good way to do that in easel so curious if I could set up both of those carves/tool paths and export the gcode for easel to do the carve?

Thanks //g

Yes, kinda, usually yes.
There is a add-on for vectric called vtransfer, which is lacking in features, so most former easel users will export the gcode and use easel to send the gcode, but any gcode sender could be used…

To do this setup the desired design on one workpiece and then duplicate the workpiece (bottom panel) 2X and with each assign the bit you want to use and delete the features you dont want that bit to carve.

Exactly like i do in this video of the catch all tray, i layout the design and then split into 3 carves, one for the pocket, then a 2nd carve for tne vbit engraving, then a 3rd for the perimeter cut out. And since its multiple workpieces I can use whichever bit i want for whichever design element.

Seth—thanks for the great input.

I already have thought and used the workpiece method before you posted. Like I detailed in the other post when I click “use last position” in easel — it seems to never be quite on point or it goes wherever it wants so it’s made doing 2 or more passes on the same piece almost impossible—which is why I am more seriously considering the xyz probe. Hopefully that would solve that problem. :man_shrugging: //g

1 Like

Well, it depends, you’re using an xcarve pro, or the standard xcarve? The process for bit swaps are different.

If its the XCP the official process is to power off, unplug the machine, swap bits, rehome, set z zero and select “use last” is this what you’re doing?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.