Easel stops working in middle of project

The most common issues that can cause this are:

1. USB cable issues.
    a. Route the USB cable away from the spindle power cable and any other source of RFI.
    b. Replace the USB cable with a quality shielded cable.
  2. Windows USB port settings that put the ports to sleep after a certain time.
    How to Disable USB Selective Suspend and stop your CNC carves from fai – His N Hers Handcrafted
  3. Issues with the physical USB port.

See if any of those things resolve the issue. Other than that, I know another forum member ended up replacing their 3018 controller recently.

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

To add to what Brandon said, you can see what Easel is streaming to the CNC and any possible Alarms or Errors by pressing Ctrl+Shift+D Mid carve and opening the Machine Inspector page, possibly an alarm/error shows there to help indicate the issue.

You might also ensue that the laptop is plugged into AC power as I’ve seen issues with a laptop running off of its battery will actually not provide the full 5V over the USB cable that the CNC requires to work, causing weird issues like this.

Also, Trying Chrome Browser instead of Safari is worth a shot too. This isn’t always the issues, but many mac users report issues when using specific browsers, sometimes Safari works better than Chrome, sometimes Chrome works better than Safari…

1 Like

Hello guys, thanks for the advice, I tried changing the cable without much success. The solution in the end was to use a separate sender g code (openbuild). From then on, everything was fine. It’s just that neither Safari nor Chrome worked correctly on the Mac.

1 Like

This is a USB energy saver. I’m dealing with now. You need to go to you settings. Find USB and click off of it. So now I have a design that is 50% done but stopped in the middle. Fixed my USB issue. Can you start the router back at the 50% mark or do you just have to recut it? Does anyone know.
Thanks,
Jason

There is no built-in method in Easel to start a carve at an arbitrary point unless it is just different shapes that failed to get carved out. If it is something like an entire square was not carved, you can simply change the other objects’ cut depth to 0 and run the carving operation, changing the cut depth back to the original value when complete. This I presume is most likely not the case though…

If you are missing any depth on any part of the carve, the only way to do it would be to generate the gcode, save it to your computer, open the .nc file and edit it to remove everything up to the point you want to start, add the appropriate move commands to get to the last place the machine would have been before the point at which you want to start, and then save the file and import it into Easel.

This is doable, but I would suggest that you not try this unless you are very comfortable with handwriting gcode.

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.