Easy Corner Finding for you Mach3 users

this isn’t a real good shot of the shop but this pic is from when i was building the machine and the shop only extends ehh another 5-6 ft beyond the table saw lol pretty tight

see that jointer back there?

well now its stuck behind the machine because it wont fit coming out lol

I might do a shop tour on my youtube channel if enough people want to see it lol

@CoryMccormick

I have a cnc quickie episode coming out tomorrow morning showing the machine working at I would say medium speed

if you want to check it out it will be live tomorrow in the am I believe

here is the channel link

I’m certainly interested in seeing it. I’ll keep an eye on your channel.

@CoryMccormick

sweet man thanks

How did the build for the machine go? (I assume it is sold as a box of parts) Compared to the assembly of the X-Carve how good were the instructions and quality of all the parts.

@AllenMassey

Here is a build log that I did on the cnc zone of the machine construction it has alot alot of pictures lol
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc-router-parts/308928-cnc-software.html

But yeah the build went pretty good actually there was only a couple hard parts because I built the entire machine buy myself with no help and I could of used a helping hand at times lol

Here is a pic of some of the different parts that arrived in the mail there was 3 different shipments total this was the first shipment

So when I bought my machine it was right after they released a updated version to the public and they had not quite of gotten the instructions all completed so there was something things that I was shooting in the dark on but everytime that I called them they helped me out without a issue

All of that stuff has been updated now its like a 235 page manual that you download

as far as comparing it to the X-carve instructions you just can’t bet inventables instructions they are top notch I didn’t have to call inventables once when i was building the x-carve

but basically its just like the x-carve just much more massive and more parts I think the gantry on my machine weighs in the neighborhood of 230 pounds lol

As far as the quality of parts from cnc router parts they are top notch I had no problems with them at all everything is super nice

1 Like

Hi, Has anyone out there got a copy of Allen Massey’s triple edge finding code for Mach 3 in Metric?

I’ve tried to change what I think are inch entries to millimetres but can’t get the code to work.

Thanks

Ian