Eggs on the mind

So with Easter on the horizon, I’m thinking of tackling an eggbot build. Has anyone made one yet?

B.

That is sick!!!

2 Likes

They are great. I used mine for Christmas ornaments as-well.

1 Like

That’s pretty awesome!

1 Like

This is my skill level. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The one i’m thinking of doing is the 3d printable Sphere-O-Bot but after I get it together and see how it all works, i’m thinking of doing a redesign with a nice wood body on the X-carve. If nothing else it looks like a lot of fun

Have any pic or videos of yours?

I’ve always strangely wanted one of these. I have some spare steppers, might need to start building this.

1 Like

Me too, I picked up a controller and thought I can use my old 17 steppers.

1 Like

I have the store bought one. http://egg-bot.com/

I have spare Ardunio, steppers and motor drivers on hand, what software would be best to use creating / controlling the design / motion output?

I think something like this could be a doorway into the world of the 4th axis for some folks, including me!

1 Like

When I use mine it has a plug in for inkscape to run it.

They are pricey. I think i got mine on eBay for less then $100.

You can definitely build one for around $100. i’ll document the build for those who want to build their own[quote=“ChrisPembleton, post:13, topic:35253, full:true”]
When I use mine it has a plug in for inkscape to run it.
[/quote]

Yes the one i’m going to build prints from inkscape as well

Yes! if only GRBL would allow a 4th axis. You would have to switch over to mach3 or compatible.

3 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Yea the original egg bot uses 2 stepper motors and a servo to lift the pen.

1 Like

I look forward to the plans. I would love the challenge of building one. The electronics scare me the most. The actual build should be no problem

2 Likes