Epoxy cornhole boards

First time epoxy user. I’m just going to do some simple carves into a set of corn hole boards , fill them with clear epoxy , and then stain the corn hole boards, which won’t stick to the clear epoxy I’ve read?), followed up with a few coats of poly.

I won’t be doing a lot of epoxy jobs , so I don’t need a huge kit.

Michaels craft store here sells alumalite clear cast epoxy resin kit. 16oz for $30.

Some bad reviews though. Any input on a little epoxy kit suggestion ?

Thanks.

I only use Upstart epoxy products. They are a little pricey, but I feel it is worth it for the quality.

i 100% agree with @DaveManning well worth the money

We’ll. We will see.

1/16 depth.

Gonna clear epoxy, use a little hand blow torch to get any bubble if I see, and let dry overnight.

Going to sand all with 120grit paper and then stain overtop with hopes it won’t dry on the clear.

Sounds good I guess.

1 Like

Any updates on the end result?

Disaster. Lol

1 Like

I have done countless corn hole boards using my x-carve and epoxy…turned out great…

1 Like

So is everything carved, painted and totally covered in epoxy? Like a tabletop?

That looks amazing. Glad you had really good luck with yours………?!

I think I carved too deep……1/8” cut depth….I used cheap epoxy from craft a craft store….and my boards weren’t very level.

The epoxy overflowed a lot onto the board where I did not want it to go. I could not sand it off at all, turned it to warmed up shredded rubber.

Also what did look good within the carve had a crazy amount of bubbles. I tried using a torch and got a little bit out but not near enough to even get that little section to look good.

I didn’t even take pictures….I then lit them on fire in backyard. LOL

1 Like

Should have used Stone Cote epoxy. The best on the market.

Hello Brandon, im a student wanting to do something like this for a project. I really like your board, could you possibly send me the plans to the project.

I’ve had great results from Famowood Glaze Coat Clear Gloss oil-Based epoxy. You can get it at Lowe’s or Home Depot.