Erasing the lines

When I am working on a project and need erase the lines between say a circle and another circle to make a oblong hole, I am cannot erase the lines to make this oblong hole. How do I select the lines to erase.

MarvFranklin, I think what you are looking for is the combine function in the Edit menu.

You can double-click on an object to edit the points or select the edit points “E” button to manipulate the points that make up an object.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

That does not work!

In what way, on what?
Need more input :slight_smile:

Why yes, in fact, it does work…

Here are two circles that are overlapped prior to combining.
Capture

The new object created from the two circles after combining them.
Capture1

The new object during point deletion.
Capture2
Capture3

After point deletion completion.
Capture4

Now I have an oblong pocket that I created from two circles.

Brandon Parker

Thanks for the update but i dont think I made myself clear enough. I imported a file and I am trying to make ornaments. I need to erase some line in the design to make it fit and cut out properly when using acrylic. There is no way to erase certain lines so that x carve will cut it properly and leave out the3 empty spaces for the hanging ornament. Yes! i even hit N key and got those hundreds of dots. I tried that and it wont erase the exact line that I need. If x carve simply had an erase tool it would solve all problems.

Please share the file so that we can take a look at what you are attempting to accomplish. I guarantee we can get it to work the way you are expecting it to and it is probably not even that complicated.

Brandon Parker

Brandon:
It is not the file that I am having an issue with. This is happening with two other files. what I see in the easel program and how i have it designed in the software is not coming out that way when i carve. so to my knowledge nothing will be gained if i share the file. i have it perfectly centered and designed just the way i want it and when it starts to carve it is off center and. What am i doing wrong
thanks
Rob

Did you reply to the wrong thread?

Either way, sharing the file is always helpful so that people can see what you are working with.

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Hi RobAdolfson, did you ever find an answer to this question? I have having the same issue. When two shapes overlap and you are cutting the outline of the shape full depth, I can not figure out how to erase the lines that overlap, therefore creating cuts I don’t want.

Screenshot of what I am talking about:

@BryceVellinga did you use the Edit>Combine Function?

I cannot see your image, use this button to attach a file here.