Experimental "X-Draw" Build – 1800mm x 2500mm

I think ceiling mount is pushing it to far. Just about anything I can imagine will sag in the center.
While we at it, I find the idea very cool and I hope you execute it. I’m not sure where you are located but I would totally willing to assist with this just for fun.
I would totally love to see some recordings of it in action when done. Consider 20$ endoscope on it or even camera mount !
Some action shots from mine:

That would be amazing – I’m in NYC. Could use the help for sure. I may be out of my league with the build. I’m shooting to place the order by end of the week. So trying to nail down the design and part list next couple of days. I have to get some paintings done for an art fair in June, so I was hoping to build and refine the machine and techniques March, April, May.

The camera idea is great. I have a feeling some of the paintings are going to have machine time in the range of 35+ hours, so I’m hoping to leave it running overnight. It would be cool to keep a very, very close eye on it with the camera. And then pause or shut it off if something goes wrong either with Remote Desktop or using a wifi controlled switch or plug.

I guess you are in luck NYC here to.

Please keep us updated on this. This should be an interesting topic to follow. Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with.

I’m jealous. Guess I will have to settle for being a fly on the wall.

Awesome.

Have you seen this?

Something that is light weight and design could be scaled as well.

I hadn’t. That could be perfect for my classroom… Budget request time.

OK, Parts are ordered. Hopefully I got everything I need. More in a few weeks.

Deepnoizer – I’ll message you once I’ve got everything and maybe we can coordinate meeting. In the meantime I’ll be following your progress. Good luck.

Sounds good

Hey All,
Just made my first few “brush strokes” with my new painting machine. Once I got started I realized how easy it actually was to build… I managed to do it without having much experience with this kind of thing. The instructions are great. The X-Carve generally is a really impressive design. I missed a few things on my initial part orders, so I had to wait for deliveries, etc. Other than that it all went smoothly.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

4 Likes

really nice upgrade !

This is SUPER cool. I have been looking for a way to apply this technology to art - paint specifically, and i am thinking about drip painting from the machine vs pens/markers, but what you have done is impressive. Any updates on how this has evolved for you over the past few years since this thread was active? thanks!