Fan direction on electronics enclosure

I purchased a fan from a different supplier, So the picture of the mounting is not helping me…

Is it better for the fan to blow air down on the electronics or to pull air out of the enclosure? It seems like blowing air into the enclosure would cool the electronics better, but it will also push all the dust directly into the enclosure.

2 fan method? fan with a filter blowing air into the enclosure 1 to pull air out of the enclosure? im sure it would be overkill but you would never have to worry about overheating. if you just want to do it with the 1 fan i would have the fan pull the air out of the enclosure just because of the dust and debris issue you would have the other way.

1 Like

Pretty sure facing it in is the ticket. Either way the fan will pull dust just from the other openings. Much like my computer, I keep a can of air handy and gently blow it off every now and then. To also help I built this semi enclosed over sized box. The top and bottom are open and the plexiglass slides out for ease. So far, very little dust.

. I had asked my wife to just stand there and blow on it, but the temperature shot way up from the hot air so I put the fan on.

3 Likes

“I had asked my wife to just stand there and blow on it, but the temperature shot way up from the hot air so I put the fan on.” DonDespain.

ooh! someone is going to have ALOT of time to work with his new x-carve! :stuck_out_tongue: