Finishing bit not touching material

Hi everyone. I’m so frustrated! I have an xcarve. Tonight I was using a 1/4 inch down cut 2 flute for roughing and a 1/16 down cut for finishing. My roughing is fine, no problems. My finishing however does not touch the material. It’s like it is carving air. I thought about just putting the 1/16 bit in for roughing instead of the 1/4, regenerate my tool paths and just let it run it’s course and see what happens. I don’t see any other options. I do probe my roughing and detail pass. I don’t know what to do to save this. I’m so frustrated!!! Please help!!!

Are you probing for Z in the same location? You didn’t remove material from the probing location and not accomodate for that did you?

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

Hi Brandon, Thanks for replying!!! At first, no. I just probed my z at the same position that I did for the roughing pass. Then… I thought about it and probed my z at one of the highest carved spots to accommodate for the material loss and it still did the same thing. I’ve had this problem before. It’s like easel is not recognizing my finishing bit but is trying to cut the detail pass, if that made sense. I’m so lost here.

can that bit reach0 the wasteboard?? Unfortunately this is a rather common issue on the Newest version X-Carve due to the poorly written section of the assembly manual…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.