Flattening a board got steps

Making a charcoutery board for a friend using some wood from Her dads cherry orchard cut down in 1948.
Was just taking a final skim of 0.25mm with a 30% step over using a new out of the box 1/4" down cut bit, because my usual down cut bits are getting a little tired.
got two small steps along the X axis about 40 mm apart right across the board, nothing I cant sand out, tho in the morning I will skim another 0.25 off, as that is quicker than sanding, one corner is a little low.
Any hints as to cause, software or machine.

Is it just two ridges across the entire board and not several across the entire surface?

Images showing the issue would help elicit a better response.

How do the maker-slides look? If there’s trash or other residues on them then this could explain the issue if it caused the smallest of shifts by being between the v-wheel(s) and maker-slide.

Check the eccentric spacers as well. Ensure everything else is adjusted properly as well.

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

@BrandonR_Parker
My bad, what happened (tho I havent actually tested it yet) is that the dust boot brush was generating enough upward force when the brush had to change direction that it was lifting the machine off its bed. I could feel but not see the machine lifting as the brush pressed. Have ordered some larger hold down bolts instead of the screws that came with the Onefinity. Did not anticipate the kind of force that the dust boot brush can generate
Will fix the hold downs and change the brush over the next few weeks,

Further, since I built the brush as a rectangle, the resistance to doing a 90 deg vector is huge on whichever rows of bristles are having to bend to change direction. Just remembered that people have tried using plastic to replace the bristles, will do some more research.

Does your brush attach to the Z-Axis?

If it does, I would suggest a redesign that attaches to the non-moving portion of the Z-Axis or the X-Axis gantry. This way the dust boot can be adjusted to the top of the material and it does not move up/down with the Z-Axis.

Brandon R. Parker

@BrandonR_Parker
Woke up at 3am thinking about a good way of doing that. IMO the boot that Onefinity sells is too fininicky to use and too fragile for a machine built to industrial standards.

I know the feeling! I have dreamed about writing code in the past…

Brandon R. Parker