Fusion 360 and Carvey CAM Setup

Hey Everyone,

Could anyone help me out, I’m having trouble setting the Origin and Orientation of my project in Fusion 360.

I’ve included a screenshot of my current setup, the stock is fixed at size of a piece of A4 paper landscape.

Everytime I run it through the Easel post-processor and then try to import it into Easel I get the following message

Your design exceeds the work area bounds. Make your design smaller and try again.

I’m sure this must to do with not setting the origin properly to account for the smart clamp or something but I can’t figure it out.

Can anyone help me with this ?

I don’t use Carvey but I do use Fusion 360.

You can select everything in the sketch and select the ‘move’ command by right clicking and then moving objects to the left. That should let you move it closer to your origin. Also make sure the origin is visible in the object tree on the left side of the screen before you try this.

Hope that helps.

Has anybody figured out how to address this problem? I am having the same issue and having no luck solving it.

I discovered that using adaptive clearing causes a problem, but pocket clearing seems to work fine. My only issue I am experiencing now is a z-offset.

In the end I went back over Eric’s response here Carving with Autodesk Fusion 360 - #12 by DanBrown and it worked!

Even using pocket clearing I’m still having a problem. Haven’t been able to find much help either. Rather disappointing experience thus far.

@Ts1 What are you having trouble with? This is a really old thread.