Fusion 360 into Easel Issue

Im on a Mac M1. I design in F360 to route some holes in 6mm MDF with 1/8" flat end mill.
I export GCode using F360 with Easel Post Processor.
I import GCode into Easel, and can see the tool path. Looks good.
I try putting the header or not putting the header that Easel suggests.
I set my position to start, all looks good
I hit start and as soon as the router gets to the start point, it makes a tiny move, and stops.
I’m looking for some advice as to what I may be doing wrong.
I selected the generic Autodesk CNC that I think suits the Xcarve. That may be my issue.
Or the post processor needs to be modified…I don’t know how.
Anybody have any insight?

Thank you!

I would make sure you are using the F360 post processor for easel. You can download it HERE.

1 Like

In Easel do you have any alarms when it stops? Go to Machine Inspector by pressing Ctrl+Shift+D to check for active alarm status.

You will want to create a custom machine and ensure “automatic toolchanger” is deselected. otherwise the gcode will include a T1M6 line of code which is unnecessecary and can cause a pause step in some gcode senders (not positive if this effects easel or not, havent used Easel as the sender in forever).

Personally I suggest using the Grbl post processor that’s in F360 by default and using a purpose built gcode sender like Open Builds Control or UGS. since there is literally zero gain for using Easel as a sender when using a different software as the CAD/CAM… (just make sure to edit the post processor setting page to use “Clearance” safety height for this option)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.