Fusion360 Tool Library for all Inventables Bit Sets

Thanks so much for this! Really helpful to have all the bits and the precision Collet!

No problem - I am still using this same library and haven’t made any changes since the last update (v3 I believe). If I were you, I’d make sure to set your account to “watch” this topic for new updates - just in case something gets a critical adjustment in the future. So far, the tools have all been working flawlessly for me.

If anyone else has any suggestions, or contributions to the toolset (maybe if Inventables has some other bits that I don’t personally own), it’d be great to have them posted here and added into the mix. I’ve found the Inventables bits to be extremely consistent in their sizing, so it works out perfectly for having a shared tool library.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Joel !

2 Likes

Thank you for this time-saving share, Joel.

I was wondering though, is 16000 RPM the recommended speed setting for the DeWalt/X Carve combination? I’ve been running mine on full for a year!

1 Like

Brillo! Thanks a lot, you Superstar!!!

1 Like

@JVanderwerff - that is the general consensus. Higher RPM is not a no-no but it depend more on what type of carving and speeds one uses.

If you dont have a spare set of brushes on hand as backup, order a set now :slight_smile:
Brush wear is faster at high RPM.

1 Like

Thanks again for the help- I’ll go turn my router dial down now!

Bookmarked this page so when I came back to using Fusion for more detailed projects, I would save myself some time and import the tools I actually use. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you!

2 Likes

This is great. Thanks.
When I install the toolset from x-carve-tools-ver-3.tools756 (3.6 KB)
I can’t find the 1/8 precision collet in the library.
Is there something I missed?
Tks

1 Like

I mean, theoretically if you set your feedrate to catch up to the RPMs and get an acceptable chip size, it’ll be about the same. I’d guess you’re spitting out dust at that speed if you’re not operating on a ridiculous feedrate, which means your tools will have a shorter lifespan. I’d start at the lowest setting and then step up and adjust the feedrate accordingly if you want to improve cut times and ensure your tools will last a bit longer.

I suppose there’s also the matter of force propelling the blade into the wood too that could decrease tool life in spite of feedrate, but someone smarter would have to tell you for certain.

Also - just to reiterate, the feeds and speeds in the library are not always what I use on my projects, I’m constantly adjusting after looking at the performance, but I’ve yet to save a default rate across the tools - I sort of just adjust them on a project by project basis. The hardness / material, depth, etc all count towards what makes an optimal cutrate - I hope everyone downloading this toolset is taking a bit of time to learn how to set their feeds & speeds, there’s some great threads in here.

Should be there - I haven’t been in Fusion for a little bit, but it’s been there in every version I’ve uploaded as far as I can remember. Are you seeing the 1/4" DeWalt collet?

Thank you very much for the work you put into this! We appreciate those who make sure we don’t have to re-invent the wheel.

1 Like

Hi Joel,
Was anyone able to get the tool database loaded into Vcarve Pro or Aspire?
Thanks,
Trevin

Hi Trevin - sorry to say, I have no idea. I did provide extra filetypes for someone else using vCarve, but never heard back from him. See this comment here for the different files to try:

I dunno what filetype vCarve takes, but if you know then let me know and maybe I can convert it.

Hi Joel,
It uses a file type “.tool”
I found some bits to download here.
https://www.toolstoday.com/t-cnc-software-library
THanks,
Trevin

@JoelBennett Thanks mate!! this saved me lot of time :slight_smile:

I checked out their libraries and they seem to be compiled, so I can’t really make the sets without using their program unfortunately. It’ll have to be a project for someone else to undertake…

Wonderful information for Xcarve newbie

Has anyone done an Inventables bit library for Aspire? or Vcarve?

1 Like

Wow! Thank you so much for posting this, this will definitely make it easier to CAM with Fusion 360. I need to buy more bits from Inventables