G28.1 and G30.1 button on carve window

I have come to use Easel for running VCarve pro g code almost exclusively. I usually set my Material Zero with an elevated z height on G28 and Laser Material Zero with G30. It’s a click fest going back and forth between the carve window and Machine inspector to send the G28.1 & G30.1 to get started with a carve. I set the G28 & G30 in case I bump the X or Y axis during bit changes. Sure would be nice to have separate G28.1, G28, G30.1 & G30 button on the carve window to re position from the (Home) machine Zero when bit changing if the Xor Y is inadvertently moved…

2 Likes

I could not agree more, I use those commands at least once a carve.

2 Likes

If you guys can convince the Easel devs to change anything, I’ll…send you a virtual hug. ;). We’ve sent them numerous ‘enhancement requests’ that would make Easel MUCH better, easier to use, more intuitive, but alas, not even a ‘thanks guys for trying to help’ response. Nothing but utter silence…

1 Like

A BIG part of their success is the helpfulness of the guys in these forums…like @PhilJohnson and several others. Willingness to volunteer HOURS reading through various posts, build web sites of useful tips and make gadgets (@CharleyThomas) to enhance their product. As users of their product, we certainly know what we’d like to see added to it to make it better.

1 Like