Generating paths rotated around a specific point

Hi @rodovich @JeffTalbot @paulkaplan and all.

I am writing an app to easel called Puzzle Generator and I am facing a strange problem, so I need your help.

I am using svg directive “transform=rotate(, X_coord, Y_coord)” there, but seems that parameters X_coord and Y_coord parameters are ignored and the svg path is rotated around different point that is causing bad position of my puzzle peaces on easel workspace, but in preview everything looks good (chrome support that). See my screenshots:

The svg looks ok in preview:

The same svg imported in workspace:

Could it be possible to implement these rotate parameters in easel too or I should use some “workaround” and not use this functionality?

Here you can find my app code It is little bit messy as it is my first app in javascript and easel, so be lenient while reading my code, please :smile:

PS: And Just one more question: Is it possible to specify the “outline->outside” of generated svg path?

Hi @Vk1, sorry for the trouble, that’s a bug in the importer & we’ll have it fixed soon.

And Just one more question: Is it possible to specify the “outline->outside” of generated svg path?

We want to make some changes to the Easel API to let apps work more closely with Easel’s internal representation for project data. That would make this possible, but in the meantime, unfortunately, there’s no way to do that.

1 Like

Hi @Vk1, this should be working now. Thanks for reporting the problem!