Graduation project at the Amsterdam Fashion Institute

My daughter was in her graduation year at the Amsterdam Fashion Institute this summer. For one of the designs she sent me a whatsapp with a small drawing of what she needed. Suddenly I found myself on the critical path of graduation. I used LibreCAD to draw the strips, gcode sender to simulate and send the tool path and my Dremel cut its way into the 2mm airplane plywood. These strips give a special effect to the skirt made out of silk.

2 Likes

For presenting the graduation collection she also had to design an installation. The desire to belong to the group wearing these designs was the theme. For this we created a box with a door giving access to her designs.
To give it something extra we decided that above the door an edge lit panel would show up with her logo and name. Panic, I only had 2 weeks left and never cut acrylic before. Thanks to numerous posts on the forum I succeeded in getting all the information needed for making such a panel. I learned to work with easel and tested the outcome on a sheet of MDF. During the cut in acrylic I cooled with a brush and soapy water.

The show itself was a success, while the construction is open on all sides it attracted the visitors like a magnet. Everyone wanted to enter through the door. Not only the show was a success, the result good enough to graduate as a designer in fashion.
This is her website where you can enjoy a movie of the installation and her collections:
judithjanssen.eu

3 Likes