Hand Gun Rack

Just put together this rack together today. I’ve got it sitting together to see how it’s gonna look. I may add some felt to the around the cut outs for the barrel to rest on. I got some inspiration on this from others I had seen on the web. Photos were taken on my iPhone and I’ve never uploaded pics so let’s see how this works.

7 Likes

did you do this in easel? i am planning to make a long gun rack for a spare closet, just havent gotten around to planning out the slots for the base.

I used sketchup to design it and then used sketchucam to produce the gcode.

Does it work well for you? This project looks good.

Yes I really like using it for projects like this. It’s pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

1 Like

So is the gcode and Design a download you would share?
don

1 Like

I could probably share the design if you have sketchup. I wouldn’t want to share the gcode because I don’t have an xcarve and I wouldn’t want to risk someone trying to run it.

2 Likes

I’d love to carve this if you wouldn’t mind sharing the sketchup file :smile:

Here is the file. The bottom board isn’t in it since it is just a rectangle that measures 10" x 7 1/4" This file was made so I could cut it out using sketchucam so you may have to play around with it.Handgun Rack.skp (48.3 KB)

Thanks for sharing the design. @DonaldR.Simmons is my father. I’m going to make a couple for him.
I’ll twist his arm to send action shots. He is an instructor with www.4-h.org.

good call bro. never ever encourage people to share the g-code.

1 Like

Thanks again. Had some oak hanging out and dad is coming down to see the new kid on Monday…

3 Likes

Wow, this picture is the only reason that makes me not want to be canadian! I want to shoot me some geerrns

1 Like

What’s a gern?

1 Like

The racks look very nice.
I cant help but wonder why you wouldn’t have a rail on the back side of the grip to prevent the gun from sliding out of the rack?

1 Like

It is a quick draw rack? :wink:

2 Likes

Normally with the bigger handguns they will sit on a downward slope towards the front of the rack. I’m guessing this is a compact model in the picture?

1 Like

Great idea. I will bring it up with @DonaldR.Simmons tomorrow when he gets this prototype. We may enhance the design and reshare the mod.

Yes. Compactish. EAA witness pavona.

Sorry, my redneck is a bit rusty. Haven’t been down to south park in a while. good to know there are plenty of friendly faces here… humble folks without temptation…

1 Like