Having a bit of a problem with X-Carve and my new laptop only has a USB3 port

Having a bit of a problem with X-Carve and my new laptop only has a USB3 port and can only connect to X-Carve via COM 7.
I can mill in 2d but not 3d files. Could do it with no problems on the old laptop with no problems but it is getting a bit tired as it is 14 years old.
I process the 3d files in Aspire from Vectric.
Does anyone know of a problem like this and any solutions.

Can you explain what happens that prevents the 3d from working?
Or what the fault is

1 Like

I insert the G-Code file into Easel and when going to mill them nothing happens and it goes beck to the main screen.
I have insert FTDI Driver for Windows. My feeling is that Easel does not support USB3
Got an old but powerful laptop and everything is good again
Thanks for yours reply

1 Like

2 Likes

@GudmundurROskarsson It is extremely unlikely that USB3 is the core issue here as there is full backward compatibility between USB3 and USB2.

This is symptomatic of a memory issue (physical attributes the laptop, file or configuration) - especially since 2D carves work ok. Have a look at task manager to see what memory usage is doing prior to the carve failing. Also try different browsers to see if the issue replicates in Firefox if it is occurring in Chrome/Edge.

Glad to see that you got the carves done ok.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.