Help cutting out shape

Hey Everyone,

I’m having some troubles figuring out exactly how to cutout this shape. Could definitely just be that I’m going about it the wrong way so hopefully someone can help out;

Is there any way to increase the line weight so that it has a larger shape to actually cut out?
Would I need to set the state outline at 0 cut height, and put a shape in the background larger than this shape with a full cut through depth?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Looks like you have the project set to use a V-Bit for carving based on the image.

I would just move the state outline to a different work piece and use a proper bit for cutting it out.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

I’ve got a 2mm end mill and 0.1mm tip 90deg v bit, but it’s just that the weight of the outline is so small it defaults to the v-bit or ignores the end mill and says it can’t do it

Can you share the project?

Brandon Parker

Ok…so here’s what you should do…

Remove the SC outline from the first work piece.
Remove the V-Bit as the detail bit from the first work piece.
Change the primary bit to V-Bit 90° on the first work piece.
Remove the V-Bit as the detail bit from the second work piece.

Carve the first work piece design with V-Bit.
Change bit
Carve the second work piece cutout with other bit.

Brandon Parker

4 Likes

Well damn, my dude. I appreciate the help Brandon.

No problem! I hope it worked out as I intended it to; show us what it looks like when you get it carved out.

Brandon Parker

Pretty happy with how it turned out, a little bit small so gonna have to re-do a bit bigger…currently danger sized for a coaster.

Thanks again for your help.

No problem…

I’m glad everything worked out OK and looking forward to seeing the larger one.

Brandon Parker