Help Installing Controller board

Hey guys so I am currently trying to get my X-controller assembled (First time X-Carve Owner) And in the (X-Carve Instructions: X-Controller) It mentions a link to adjust settings, but it seems to be broken (see image below) Anyways wondering what exactly I need/should change? Should I leave everything the way it came? I got the new xcarve with zprobe etc… NEMA 23 Motors. Do I adjust the pots? flick any switches? Im a bit lost

Hey Kasey…

Are you going to be wiring all motors individually? (x, y1, y2, and z)?

if so, you don’t need to adjust the pots… i didn’t change any of the switches…

I believe so yes! I am following the instructions. First time user so I don’t want to be doing no fancy pancy customization’s just yet. as long as I know it will work out of the box with out touching any of the pots or switches, Ill do that.

It says to switch y-axis potentiometer all the way up (4A). did you do that?

The Xcontroller is set up out of the box…

Previous versions of Xcarve had the 2 Y motors going to one gshield… so it was recommended that the pots be turned up (or adjusted…)

The controller board on the Xcontroller is readied to be wired for both y1 and y2…

I didn’t make any adjustments and all is well…

and the old way …

In all the pictures the e-stop button has a black and red wire… both mine are red… I am hoping that is how it is supposed to be.

I assume that is ok…

Just opened up mine up … yup… 2 reds…

Thank you! XCONTROLLER assembled! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i wired mine to the dc circuit. not the ac. Is that an issue?

Yes, it is an issue, but you are on the good side of the issue and here’s why.

If you interrupt the AC side then you still have to discharge the power supply output capacitors through the motors which delays stopping the machine.

If you interrupt the DC side then the power supply capacitors are not available to supply power and the shutdown is faster.

Oh. No. Im aware lol. I meant is there any unforseen circumstances?

I wouldn’t do it as a normal operating procedure, but remember, it’s an emergency stop. You are attempting to limit the damage when the machine goes wacko.