Help Selecting Objects in Easel

Am I the only one that is driven crazy by Easel’s method of selecting objects. It sort of works for the most basic drawings but I can’t figure out how to make it work when things are more complex. For example, the project listed below.

It is what looks like a simple drawing of an OWL taken directly from easels icons. Lets say I want to remove one of its eyes. It appears the eye is made of 3 circles but actually each circle has 2 more circles layered below it. So there are actually 9 circles making the single eye and like i said I want all 9 of one eye gone.

How can I do this in Easel? In any other drawing program I have ever used you just drag a select box totally around “ONLY” the eye and it will select just that item. If the box runs partly through another object it is ignored. But with Easel EVERYTHING touched is selected. (Some apps do this with a select box pulled from right to left but the opposite drag get just enclosed items are selected)

Am I missing something? How is this workable. How can I select ALL the eye parts above but not effect the other objects.

2 Likes