Help with 3D or 2.5D carving

I am doing some work trading with someone. He designed me a new logo and asked that I cut his log into wood for his wall.

I have attached the DXF but what he wants is a relieve carving but I am not exactly shure the best way to do it. I would like the lines to be the ridge of the carve and use a 60* bit to carve around it but I need the line to be treated as the object.

Any advice? I have Inkscape but I am just a tad above worthless with it. I was thinking of getting Illistrator again but Its hard to justify it since I don’t use it much.Company Logo.dxf (3.6 KB)

I opened up the dxf file you attached and nothing is there.
Save things as an SVG using InkScape

He designed it in autocad. So I only have access to what ever comes out of Autocad.
I had the same issue when I opened it it was blank but when I import it into easel it shows up.

Can you share the Easel file? I tried to open it using Easel and was not successful
Thanks
Russell

Its not shared publicly, make sure you hit the save button after you copied the url

Oops try now

1 Like

Is this what you’re wanting to do?

Yes thats exactly it

What bits are you using? When I chose my origial bits it said 29 hours :slight_smile:

Nevermind I see that you didn’t change them

I can get it to look like that but its only after I select a 1/8 depth for the deer. I want that to be zero and I am getting this…

Each line has hundreds of nodes, I need to take each line and convert it to curves then reduce some of the nodes. Then convert the line to an object then weld all the objects together. I will work on it some more and load it up when I have it done.
Russell

any chance I can send you a webex so you can show me how you are doing it. Is there a PM option here?

I’m using CorelDraw to do it in, I dont use InkScape that much but maybe someone who does will know if InkScape can do this.

I just reinstalled Adobe illustrator. I wonder if its a similar workflow. I send you a direct message via this forum with my email if you are game for jumping on a webex.

#payRussell

2 Likes

I finished it :grin:

1 Like