Help with engraving

Hi everyone…i need some help with engraving please. Can anyone tell me what size bit i should use. Even if i use a 0.3mm bit i still cannot control the engraving. The lettering is to thick. I am using the font that is supplied on Easel when you do a new project. I have tried engraving on path…inside…outside…but still it does not work i have tried 0.2mm and 0.5mm deep. I thought of making the letters “thinner” but cannot find a way to do it. I was trying to engrave a name on a small piece of wood. The name should be 30mm wide and 10mm high…must be thin.PLEASE HELP
Regards Hugo

There are multiple fonts available when you insert text in an Easel project. And many many more if you choose to import one of the Pro fonts (you can carve with Pro for up to 4 days per calendar month for free, and you get unlimited design time). -Have you changed the font face after generating the text field?- Strike that. Have you tried selecting a different font face, that has thinner lines?

I would say vcarving is required to get the results you are looking for. I use a 30 degree 0.125 engraving bit and had good results.

1 Like