Help with internal radius corners

Hi folks. I am trying to replicate the internal radius for the corners on this piece using Easel but am not having any luck. I am sure there is a simple solution.

Do the following:

1. Create your rectangle.
  2. Create four circles with the desired radius and center one at each corner of the rectangle.
  3. Select all five pieces and then combine them.
  4. You should be left with a rectangle that looks like this.

You can then copy that one, resize it, or whatever you want.
Making one as you show would be as simple as the following:

1. Make your shape as described above and make a copy of it.
  2. Set one to be an outline cut and the other to be a pocket cut (make the pocket cut 1 bit size bigger in length & width … this is to prevent onion-skin between the two), align them using the alignment tools, and then bring the outline cut to the front. Pin both items to the workpiece so they do not move.
  3. Copy the pocket and resize to the outside size of the white raised part. Set depth to Zero. Center it to the other two pieces and pin it.
  4. Make another copy of the original pocket and resize to the inside dimension of the white raised part. Center it to the other three pieces.
  5. Put your text or design on top wherever you want.

Maybe something like this … change bit and/or feeds/speeds as necessary …

{:0)

Brandon Parker

4 Likes

C’mon @BrandonR_Parker… Leave something for @RussellCrawford!
:wink:

@IanLane This was brought up here as well.

1 Like

Thanks Neil, Brandon had a typo so I fixed it. Thanks for leaving me something to do Brandon
Easel - Copy of Example for IanLane :laughing:

1 Like

Give @RussellCrawford a brake he has been cutting 2x12’s into small pieces. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Brandon. You are a l legend. Worked perfectly. thanks Ian

1 Like

I mean…you can’t just hand someone a completely finished project… :wink: I updated the name.

IanLane, I am very glad that it works for you.

Brandon Parker

That’s what I always stress to @NeilFerreri1, its better to teach someone than to do the work for them. Give a man a fish and you feed him for the day, teach a man how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
:slightly_smiling_face:
Russell

3 Likes

Or…he will starve because he doesn’t know what to use for bait … :wink:

Some people just need to see it explained and a final project one time; plus, I enjoy doing it.

Brandon Parker

4 Likes

Something happened about a year ago, I did a file for someone and posted it to the forum. Neil posted a meme with the saying "Give a man a fish…etc. etc. etc. Well someone must have reported it because my Easel file and Neils post was removed. Then Neil sent me an apology letter because he though I may have gotten upset or reported him. It wasn’t me so we poke fun at each other when we can. I also enjoy doing a file every now and then.
Russell

1 Like