Home Depot scrap bin

You can also PM it to me if you don’t want the feedback public and I can review it with the Easel Live team.

all kiln dried its an awesome place. they mill everything in house and kiln dry it.

its woodworker heaven, my eldest daughter saw a stack of Blue Mahoe once, she said is that blue wood? so the warehouse guy grabbed the stack off with the forklift and said yep, go ahead check it out. the people are super friendly and helpful which is great.

You wouldn’t happen to be in Kentucky would you? lol

1 Like

I have HD and Menards here. HD’s wood is always straighter and truer than Menards so I quit buying from Menards.

1 Like

I wish, I love bourbon and if I lived in kentucky I would bathe in it every day lol.

I live way up canada

1 Like

Now I have to go to Home Depot and Lowes tomorrow.

1 Like

@RobertCanning

That’s very true on almost everything actually lol

Especially in hard and soft woods

Well wait I don’t know about driving 40 miles for a stick of maple that sounds a little excessive unless you are a very high end furniture maker Lol

Well okay and maybe if it was birdseye or spalted or a burl or something

True down side to a mill is sometimes all they have is green wood

But I buy soft maple for something like 3.75bf but that’s from my supplier is there no suppliers in your area? Only mills?

Good find at Home Depot. I’ve been looking in the wrong section apparently :slight_smile: I purchase their small stock MDF sheets for around $5 (2ftx2ft). Made some trophy plaques and the really cool Star Wars graphic that was floating around on the forums. Their oak, mahogany and walnut selection is pretty good too. Guess I’m heading to Home Depot in the morning to see if they have a scrap pile. Thanks for the information.

Wow, never saw cherry or maple at any of the Home Depot’s in this area

Pine, poplar, and oak. That’s it

3 Likes

Must be nice! My home depot’s version of a perfect sheet has 90 degree bends in them.

2 Likes

I am very blessed… I own a portable sawmill business.!

9 Likes

Dang Phil. My Home Depot only has pine, red oak, and poplar. Sometimes a very limited(and terrible quality) selection of cedar. I see they carry it online, but I don’t want to order it then it come in and look like crap, or be warped and twisted like so much of their lumber is. I’ve found a mill that has excellent quality kiln dried stuff, but it’s close to 2 hours away. Another is 90 minutes. If I was at the point of buying a good volume of wood the drive wouldn’t bother me a bit, but driving for 1-2 boards is tough for me to justify. I’ve found a local flooring company that someone said may sell me hardwood boards that are s2s. Going to call this week and see.

1 Like

@Kasba

your not located in Missouri by chance are you lol

I really really want to do something with slabs on my big machine I just bought a new high end insert planing bit and it produces glass like finishes right off the machine

Sorry I am on Vancouver Island, Victoria,British Columbia. If you look on the forestry forum you could find a sawyer close to you.

If you know of a local place that makes stairs or cabinetry, figure out what their trash pickup schedule is…

I went to both Home Depot and Lowes today, and both stores had empty scrap bins.

1 Like

The early carver gets the wood :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Go to the lumber rack, drop a sheet of plywood hard on the corner, check the scrap bin later. Did I just say that?

2 Likes