Homing in the wrong position

I’ve had the machine for a couple of weeks and managed to get Some projects Done with no problem… So the machine is homed properly in the past. But now It is at. Y-47.921 X-47.9 ??? after homed
This happened one time before but i’m not sure how to get out of this. I’ve cold started the machine and home again with the same value showing up.

I’d first check to see where the bumper is hitting the switch. Then I’d check these settings. You type $$ in the command box to see them.

GRBL_Settings_Pocket_Guide_Rev_B.pdf (diymachining.com)

Grbl settings in easel and how to change them pt 1 (youtube.com)

Grbl settings in easel and how to change them pt 2 (youtube.com)

1 Like

I don’t think the switches are a problem. It homes correctly. Am I missing something here, I thought the home position was supposed to be X0 Y0 Z0.

It depends on how your IC is flashed. The way I heard it, since cnc traditionally have had home in the opposite corner from the x carve, then after homing, it displays negative numbers. Mine does that too. You should just reset the zeros after homing. I use UGS and that’s what I do.

Work Zero and Homing – Inventables (zendesk.com)

Understanding WORK ZERO in easel (youtube.com)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.