Hope to improve this carve

I have been using Easel Pro for a while now in solid wood but I need to carve some 3mm ply and the results are not great. Nubs, tear out and just in general not great looking.

What am I doing wrong? I am using the standard feeds/speeds fro ply. The cut sounds and appears to be running okay. The ply tends to bow but I just held it flat in the center with a lot of edge clamping. The 60deg bit is not new, but should be okay.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong would be helpful.

I have the same problem with the same font. Quit possibly the cut depth is not deep enough for the bit to do its job fully. Following…

A new sharp bit might help but my bet is it is just the nature of the wood you are working with. In my experience this is not unusual as softer wood tends to fuzz more. I use a small toothbrush like wire brush to help with the clean-up. A Dremel Tool with a small round wire brush helps too but a light touch is needed.

Realize that a fine tipped V-bit, its cutter speed (rotational speed) at center is practically zero. It is not cutting fast/efficient at all. So high RPM is one factor to consider as is going deeper and / or using a different material.

Plywood can be tricky.