How do I cut down on carve time

I’m working on my first project and I’m shocked at the time it will take to carve this project. Could someone take a look and tell me what I’m doing wrong - or what you would recommend for this first project. Perhaps it just takes this long and I need to be more patient.

Denise Gibson

That’s defiantly a long cut time. Could you share the Easel file and someone can adjust it for you.
What is your depth of cut on the 1/8" bit?
What is your speed on the 1/8" bit?
Speed and DOC on 60 degree?
Thanks
Russell

Also, you can go to your machine settings, advanced, and play around with the step over rates. Be bold, take chances, have fun.

My guess is if you shallow out how deep you cut and change your depth of cut to be a bit deeper that you will cut it down a lot. Right now I would guess it’s taking 10 passes to get to depth and you could get that to 3 or 4.

Then adjusting feed rates a bit to shave even more time.

One thing I learned looking back on earlier projects is that you don’t have to cut very deep to get a good effect.

Here is the actual file… I’m open to any and all suggestions. Thanks to anyone that will look and tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Change your roughing pass to feedrate 70, plunge rate 15 and depth per pass to .06 then on the vbit feedrate 60, depth per pass 9 and depth per pass at .15. I may be off some with the vbit i don’t use them alot but this should cut everything down to around 1 hour.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I will try this tonight.

Denise

2 Likes

This says it will take 84 minutes. I also separated the K in the name, it was to close to the r.
Good Luck
Russell