How do I cut outside of shape I made?

I’ve created a shape of a rectangle with a curved top instead of straight. It is only letting me cut out the middle. I want to cut outside the shape. It is not giving me the option on the bottom of the cut tab.
Did I do something wrong?

1 Like

Can you share the file. I just drew one up real quick and it worked fine with an outside cut.

1 Like

if the shape is an open shape, made with the line tool and not fully closed, then the default and only cut type is “on shape path” the other cut types are only available with a fully closed shape.

If you need help, we might be able to assist if you can share the project and post the share link.
thanks!

WOW. I forgot that I posted this question. My bad. I got like 50+ projects going at the same time. Typical Dad life.
So. I’m trying to cut around the outside of this shape and Easel isn’t giving me the option to do that. It’s only letting me remove the middle. From other posts it seems like I got a “hole” in my shape but I don’t know how to find it. If you can help me I would be much appreciated.

1 Like

I got it. I went back into Inkscape and made my shape again and cleaned it up. Saved it as an SVG and imported it. I can cut it out now. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.