How to cut letters?

I want to make some letters out of 1/4 in plywood. Can anyone help me figure this out. I can’t seem to find anything in the forums about cutting letters and numbers.

1 Like

See if this helps.

Or this

Thanks guys, I have gotten to be fair when carving signs using two stage cutting. I want to be able to cut individual letters. What I haven’t figured out is how to cut for instance, the letter B in upper case. How do I make it cut the inside part first? If it cuts the outside first, then I would have to re-clamp it and re- zero it. I know there has to be a way.

If you are using Easel it should cut the inside first and the outside last.

I tried it once and it wanted to cut the outside first. I need to try some more but I’ve been so busy cutting longitude and latitude signs for people. I don’t know why people want that certain sign but as long as they’re willing to pay, I’m willing to cut. I found out one thing for sure, the end mills that I bought from Inventables don’t last to long. I have to invest in some better cutting bits.

1 Like

use the tabs, you can select the number of them you want, click on them and drag them around until they are located were you want them. You can also change the specs on the tabs as well. When I cut 1/2" or thicker material I dont use tabs the saw dust holds it in place. I will be cutting this today 11 letters that are grouped so I have 44 tabs. If your letters are individual you can choose them by letter.

2 Likes

Thanks Steve, I believe this is what I was looking for.

1 Like