How to delete a line?

Big time newbie here. How do i delete a line in between text?

You might need to share the project if this doesn’t work…

Use the shape exploder app to split the text into vectors and then you can edit like any other vector.

Along with what @SethCNC was saying …

That will work when the characters are not connected, but if the characters are connected, they will come out of the Xploder app as a single object. Since two (or more) letters would be a single continuous vector object, in that case, manipulating the points will likely cause all kinds of strange things to happen (i.e. blobs or misshapen … things)

After getting them back from the Xploder app, one easy way to separate any that are still connected is to add the tiniest of tiny rectangles where you want them separated with a cut depth of zero. Then, select the rectangle and the character object and hit combine. Then, send them back through the Xploder app again. This should cause them to become separate objects.

After getting the text object back from the Xploder app the first time and adding the small Zero-depth rectangle (pointed to by red arrow).
Capture

After combining the small Zero-depth rectangle and the “ext” object.
Capture

After sending that back through the Xploder app. Notice that we now have two objects, the “e” and the “xt”
Capture

You would separate each letter similarly, but you could do it all at once. And, here is what an initial separation of the “ext” would look like…
Capture

Then you could edit the points for each letter to make the area where they used to join look smoother if you so designed.

Even easier though would just be to make an individual text object for each letter if you want to use a connected font.
Capture

Then either align them as you see fit or send them all through the Xploder app individually to get a regular vector object instead of a font object (font objects align strangely sometimes due to their bounding rectangles.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

2 Likes

I would have interpreted what you did as “separating the letters” not “deleting a line” but what you did is probably exactly what the Duane meant :laughing: :+1::+1::+1:

But what I would probably do to accomplish the same effect is to add spaces between and the shape explode it :man_shrugging: so many ways to get to the same end result with Easel tricks :flushed:

Indeed, and it’s always good to see what other techniques are out there!

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.