No need for the Photoshop step.
If you have Illustrator, do the following:
- Open a new file
- File > Place… From the menu
- Choose the image you want to place
- Once it is on the art board, select it and click trace
- use the trace pallet to tweak the tracing options
- black and white or shades of grey work best
- choose to expand the trace once you have it how you want it
- select all and then click Object > Path > Clean Up…
- save your work as an SVG
Request access to Easel’s apps feature and just do the trace in Easel.
Sorry if I missed something, I am posting this with my phone from memory.