How to Remove Embedded Images from SVG for Easel

Hi,

I am not sure if there are better solutions for this. But I thought I’d share. I use Inkscape as my vector graphics program. When I try to import SVG files from Inkscape into Easel, I have the problem that there are embedded images. The easiest and fastest solution I arrived at was to just open the SVG file in a text editor and remove the section that included the embedded image. It takes less than 15 seconds.

I made a video of it, hoping that it might be useful for someone.

If there are better solutions, please let me know. I’ve been known to extract difficulty and confusion from the jaws of ease and simplicity.

Steve

4 Likes

That’s Awesome, Steve! Thanks for the great hint!

Thanks for the helpful hint. learn something new everyday if you aren’t careful.

I have books on SVG code. at one time I was going to learn how it all works.
its been a long time since I opened one of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

This looked like an excellent solution to my exact problem. The only problem is that I am too dumb to know exactly what to delete when I got into the editor? I ended up importing a blank image. Any suggestions on how to know what to look for?

question. how do you get it to save as an svg in the file editor? the ones I’ve tried only gave me text formats to save in. I then tried just writing in .svg after the file name and then easel could see it but would just stall wile trying to load it.