How to tighten Z-Axis wheels?

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to tighten these suckers? I can’t seem to find a good solution. Both have come loose.

There’s a couple of proposed solutions. First (and easiest), you can use loc-tite. Second, you can replace the eccentric nuts with eccentric spacers, replace the bolts with bolts another 10mm or so longer, and use a nut to hold the eccentric spacer in place. The second solution not only allows you to rotate the eccentric part without rotating the bolt, but it also allows you to replace the bolt with hex head bolts that let you use a wrench instead of an allen key.

1 Like

I actually took the spindle out, lowered the z down until the bottom v-wheels were about to come off the track. That lowered it enough for me to get the ball end of the allen key in to tighten. Then of course locktite. The top ones I just raised it up high enough to get the allen key in over the rail. Great suggestion for the longer bolt to use the double nut!

Until I replaced the bolts, I used one of my allen wrenches that I cut short enough to get behind the Z carriage.

I wish I could claim credit for the long bolt, but that was from someone else in a different thread.