Hylian Zelda sheild... Isn't everyone making these?

So I made one of these for my sister in law who is a graphics designer and a character designer for a video game company… Anywho her Facebook profile has the Zelda shield as her banner photo so I figured I would carve her one… I made hers first (oak 11.5" tall), then my daughter wanted one (2’ tall aspen panel) , then an old army buddy wanted one (30" tall oak)… Below are a few photos of the pieces…

I downloaded the 3d model from thingiverse and imported it into Aspire…

12 Likes

Those look great! And your daughter looks thrilled. Is your sister-in-law as excited? :smile:

I’m not sure, I dropped it off at my in laws house and she hasn’t come home to visit… (She lives 45 min away or so)… I am expecting her to be… but only time will tell i guess…

How deep did you cut them and any warping occurr?

I haven’t noticed any warping… I set the shape height in Aspire to the thickness of my board (.75) the thingiverse height was 1.2882, and i didn’t have a piece of material that thick without doing a glueup… The 3 that i made the first one was a piece of red oak from the big box, the second was ash panel from lowes and the 3rd was 3 1x8" (i think) glued up in a panel. I made sure to reverse the cup of the grain to reduce cupping on the glue up, but i didn’t notice any warping… The person who ordered it hasn’t said anything to me about it either…