I am an amateur

HELLO I AM AN AMATEUR AND I WOULD LIKE YOUR HELP TO DECIDE WHICH MACHINE AND WITH WHAT UPGRADES SHOULD I PURCHASE IN ORDER TO CUT AND ENGRAVE FIGURES AND LETTERS ON WOOD, ALUMINIUM, ACRYLLIV AND SILVER 9.25. ALSO TO WHAT SIZE CAN I FULLY CUT THE ABOVE AND ENGRAVE THEM AS WELL AND LASTLY WILL I BE ABLE TO CUT AND ENGRAVE ITEMS AS AHOWN ON THE ATTCHED PICTURE?

First, check you CAPS LOCK button. BIG LETTERS do not make a post more interesting nor easier to read…

What is shown in the picture can be done with the X-carve. The specs for the two versions of the machine is here: X-Carve – Inventables, Inc.
Work Area would be a key term for you I think. That tells you how large(x,y) items you can potentially work with.

All the materials you list can be cut and engraved using the X-carve. Different bits, rpm, feedrates etc go into each type of material - and the forum contains lots of information on that. A fairly basic machine with a Dewalt or Makita tool will get you a long way with woods, plastics. Cannot say on metals, have not done that myself. Search forum.

Check the projects section on the Inventables site for examples on what people are making using the X-carve

Lastly I would say that X-carve and related topics is a vast body of knowledge. Unless prepared to research a lot - don’t go there. I’d say this is a hobby for nerds :smile:

1 Like

thank you for your help

I cut aluminum out and engraved it for a pair of locking register calipers:

Source files are on the Shapeoko wiki: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable (which you may find of interest)