I am using carveco maker, but can't get z set

Hey people, I have to start off by saying I don’t know much at all about cnc routing… Okay next to nothing. But here is what I am doing.
I am using carveco maker, a program to write the v code to carve out a picture of our dogs into wood. I am having two issues. FIrst is when I turn on my machine to carve it out and hit start it raises up about an inch or so, and then heads out to carve but doesn’t even get close to the board. I think it is a Z issue, but not sure where to look.
Next issue is when I tried this out on UGS platform 64 it cut next to nothing in depth as the picture barely shows up on the ugs or f-engrave with any detail (that is why I am trying Easel by inventables, it seems to come up with a slightly more in depth picture in the viewer, but it could stand to be better also) any suggestions there?

Again I ain’t the brightest, nor am I skilled at this… But thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.

Hello did you get this figured out? I’m thinking of also trying Carveco and wanted to know how well it works with an X-Carve.

Hi. I have a Cron CNC which is a South African version of X Carve. I use Carveco Maker and have generated a Toolpath for the X Carve, which I was advised by Carveco themselves. What I now don’t know is do I have to post process this through Easel?

You don’t Have to, however if you want to you certainly can send using Easel. . .

Other options fro GCode Senders are UGS and OpenBuilds (but you might want to select those post processors within Carveco and re-save the Gcode if your going to send using one of those programs.) I prefer OpenBuilds personally.

If you haven’t tried Carveco yet, here’s a link to the 90 day trial… disregard the other brand mentioned in this link, it certainly works with X-Carve and all the other models listed on their website…

𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐜𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝟗𝟎-𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥:

1 Like

Thank you Seth. I will try the GCode senders. I have tested Carveco Maker, it does not suit my work which is all 3D, I will possibly upgrade to Carveco MAker Plus which has most of the old Artcam features, but not at the price of the full Carveco. Will keep you posted.

2 Likes

HI Seth. I have Carveco Maker + and its great. The only features I need that is not in the Maker + is Saving reliefs and Two rail sweeps. However the full version has these and many more features. I can recommend it.

1 Like