I just shared a Fusion 360 model of the 1000mm X-Carve waste board

Tonight I designed a Fusion 360 model of the 1000mm X-Carve waste board using the measurements from Inventables. This could be used to create a waste board from scratch on a bigger CNC, but I’ll probably make a slight change to the grid pattern and use my X-Carve to drill the grid holes on a blank waste board I made.

3 Likes

Sweet!

I just made a slight modification, I now have sketches that show the physical limits of the carve area and only the holes that fall within that area are modeled in the body, this reduces the grid to 10x10 instead of 12x12, but those holes are aligned with the full grid so if you add the outside rows by some other means they’ll still line up.

Hi StevePrior, the link above seems to be broken. Did you remove it?

I didn’t remove it, try https://gallery.autodesk.com/fusion360/projects/x-carve-1000mm-waste-board

1 Like

Looks like Autodesk took the dash between fusion and 360 out of their URLs breaking existing links.

1 Like

Cool. Exactly what i was looking for. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Anyone have a crv file of this model for VCarve?

Waste Board.crv (6.1 MB)

Thank you!

So how do you cut a 1000 x 1000 board with a 1000 x 1000 cut area?

Personally I’d try it using 500x500 quadrants and the board might fit under the Y rails but it’d be a tight fit. I also don’t think it’s exactly 1000 x 1000 so you’d probably have some flipping and such to manage.

I’m sure it’s possible albeit probably not necessarily easy.

Cut the board wıth table saw, make edge holes with hand router, install it and make other holes with machine. That’s all we did.

1 Like

Hi @AlanDavis , do you have a write up and/or photos of the process you used to create your wasteboard (like you’ve described briefly above)?