IFTTT, notifications , email, something

It would be great if we had some way for easel to notify you when a carve was done. I know most people don’t leave their machine while it is running. And it is probably frowned upon but I like to start a carve before I leave for work. Start another one at lunch, start another when I get home, and another before going to bed. This has worked great up until this point because the stock spindle turns itself off. But after my 2nd spindle died I upgraded to the dewalt 611 and I just can’t bring myself to let it run for hours while I am gone. So a service such as IFTTT would be a great way to notify me it is done and I could then remotely turn it off using a relay device or some other IOT device.

1 Like

You might want to look at the relay switch upgrade option. It uses the stock spindle wire to control the power to the dewalt. It is on my list of upgrades. Unless someone beats me to it, I’ll find a link in the morning.

Jonathan, you definitely don’t want to let that router run for hours and hours unless you want to be swapping motor brushes all the time. Those brushes have 150-200 hours in them.

I think this is what @BryanSheets is referring to: DeWalt 611 Non-destruct Automatic Spindle Control

It is on my todo list but I haven’t gotten to it yet. Maybe after the holiday rush.

thanks for that link… I know my wife is going to kill me when she finds out but I totally just ordered one of them…$20 to control my more powerful machine? Yes Please