Image trace issues

Hello all,

So this is super frustrating lately, and I’m wondering if it’s a byproduct of using Image Trace in Easel vs creating tool paths in another software. A few times recently, the router has jumped off path when using Image Trace on larger engravings. Additionally, more times than I can count when the job is complete, it returns to about 1-2" right of XY-0. These images are with a brand new 60-degree V-bit 1/4" shank. Note the obvious distance between lettering, and unclean edges. Yes, my piece was securely fastened.

Commonalities:
V-bits (usually 60-degree both 1/8" and 1/4" shank).
Maple Hardwoods
5-degree plungs
Y-axis Raster Fill (with grains)
Depth per pass: .032
Router Speed: 1
Router Rate: 60-70%
Feed Rate: 96 in/min
Plunge Rate: 26 in/min

Some areas look like the bit is dull and burning.

Or…the feeds/speeds are too high…or a combination of dull bit and feeds/speeds issue…

This would also explain the design being shifted and the bit returning “to about 1-2” right of XY-0" after the completion of the carve.

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

Hey guys, the bit was brand new. It was my speeds as Ken pointed out. I tried again with a new piece at a slower pace as well as using a roughing pass/detail pass, and it was a night and day difference. Amazing my bits have all lasted this long at the default speeds I was running.

Thanks again for your help Ken et al.

1 Like

A Ken posted to the thread?

Glad you got it resolved! :slight_smile:

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

1 Like