First off, this is freaking awesome!
A few notes as I play with the interface. Just things that pop into my mind
- When positioning an Item, I’d like the ability to change the “Zero” position. Right now for the stl the zero is on the bottom of the stl. I’d like to be able to set that to the top of the stl. This way I can properly set the depth of the relief below the surface of the material. If I want to do it now I have to use this formula:
- Z position = STL Size Z + Target Depth below surface - Material Thickness
- Example: Zpos = 2.5458 + 0.25 - 2.00 = .7958
It would be nice for toolpaths to persist between sessions. (Or at least allow for the toolpath to be exported to a workpiece so that it can be recalled easily). I can see these toolpaths taking quite some time to generate, being able to generate the toolpath on a more powerful computer before moving to your machine would be handy.
I think it’s implied, but is the detail bit a bullnose bit? And is the roughing bit a straight bit?
Progress bar for toolpath generation + estimated time remaining.
Finishing Types: Y-Raster, X-Raster, Radial
A preview of the final piece would be nice
Add multiple STLs
Emboss / deboss text, shapes, svgs onto stl
- I would imagine this to work by raising / lowering the vertices in the stl by the depth specified in the shape where those points are contained.
- This would be perfect for creating “personalized” reliefs.
I’ll try and run a carve or two over the holiday weekend.
Awesome work so far!