IoT causing XController to Reboot

When Easel or PicEngrave turns on the spindle the Xcontroller has started rebooting. Everything work before. The only change I made was to cut the “4” dip switch to off in the controller so I could get a bit of more resistance to change bits. I double checked the wires and connections in the box.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? I am running grbl 1.1f with mostly stock x-carve with upgraded z-axis.

Thanks,
Jeff

Is the Dewalt on the same circuit? What speed setting do you have it on?

Turning off auto torque reduction increases the required current of the Xcontroller. If you share a circuit, you may be getting a brown out condition causing the output of the 24V supply to drop enough to cause a reboot.

You might need some sort of line conditioner or battery backup on your Xcontroller or move your Dewalt to another circuit.

It happens whether I have the router on or not. I guess I can just cut the dip switches back on and see if that takes car of it.

So here is where I am on on trying to get this back to working.

I cut the dip switched back on. No Effect.

I replaced the IoT (I had a spare one around) no change.

I am going to replace the 14 ga wire with 18 since the 14 was a little thick for the connectors.

Also, it does not reboot and runs if I disconnect the wiring for the IoT. I am still working on this, but if anyone has any thoughts then I would gladly take them. If changing out the wiring doesn’t help then I guess I will take the controller apart and put it back together.

How are you wiring the xcontroller to iot?

A short might exist when you trigger the pin which is drawing way too much current through the 0-10v signal line and causing the controller to brown out. Anything janky with the wiring ?