Is there a method for creating or somehow tracing irregular objects? For example if I wanted to cut out a tray with specific spots for wrenches or other tools, without drawing with the few basic shapes, how would I accomplish that? Maybe a wrench is a bad example perhaps a set of pliers or an electric drill. Just an outline/silhouette. Is this possible?
You could do the following:
- Place the object on a white sheet of paper
- Trace around it with a marker
- Place two rulers next to the tracing, one for X and one for Y
- Take a picture of just the paper with the ruler on it with good lighting
- Import the image into Easel using Image Trace and remove any artifacts from the image if necessary
- Resize the image in Easel as necessary to make the rulers approximately the correct size
- Remove the line segments that make up the rulers
- Adjust for outline/pocketing or whatever you need
You should be able to get a pretty decent outcome from doing this.