Is anyone using Carbide Create to do vcarving with their XCarve?

Is anyone using Carbide Create to do vcarving with their XCarve?
I just looked at the program and it looks very nice. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it?
Does Easel import the code easily and what results do you get?

Thanks
Greg

1 Like

I think @KennethConnell1 may be?

I use it at work and so far had not had any issues. I do not have any problems with the results and love the fact that you can use system fonts so there is a lot more options than Easel in that aspect. I use UGS to send so I do not know about how well it imports into Easel but I have not had any issues with importing into UGS. I use Easel at home on my raspberry pi but Carbide Create is not Linux native so I have not tried it at home as much.

For an offline non-cloud based solution I have found Carbide Create a very well thought out and provides every function I needed in the class room (simple, intuitive, able to perform many functions easy).

It has been a valuable asset to my classroom with the X-Carve.

3 Likes

Thanks

for what it is worth, as far as speeds and feeds it is my understanding that this all started with the shapeoko which was then improved upon and was called the Shapeoko 2 which is what the X-carve was made upon. and then the people over at shapeoko then made similar improvements and released the shapeoko 3 which is like the X-carve but with wide makerslides and a proprietary controller.

So since these all are based upon the same designs and although they split and went there own directions they have both improved each other and the speeds and feed that they use are still very similar.

please correct me if I am wrong about the timeline or direction that the projects have taken.

the reason that I choose the X-Carve over the Shapeoko was the open sourced part. I like to own what I buy and I like to have options to do what I want with it as in make improvements to the design or make parts as needed in the future.

I love my X-Carve.

I wanted to start vcarving, but had trouble with F-Engrave and didn’t want to make the large investment in Ventric software. I knew Easel would soon be adding vcarving to it’s capabilities.

Then I saw on a thread on this forum about Carbide Create and decided to look into it. It seems VERY user friendly, so this weekend I’ll start experimenting with it.

The main thing I want to vcarve is some very simple line art designs such as an apple and some simple shapes.

Thanks
Greg