Is replacing stepper motor from a (dead) 2.3v to a 3.2v really worth?

Hello,

yesterday morrning due to a power shut my X axis stepper motor seem to be dead. Since I have to order some spare parts, I was wondering if upgrading all the motors (except the Z) from the Nema23 2.3v to Nema23 3.2 worh the money.

I currently have the standard control unit(230V), not the X-Controller. Is it still possible or the G-Shield will not allow me to run those motor?

And, if is it possible, can I continue to use the old pulley and belts or I need to change everything? I was wondering too, to replace the pulley and belts to 9mm GT3 belt.

No one?

What I think is, g-shield designed for what you have on your machine came together. You are limited with the power g-shield stepper drivers generates.
Yes there are pots to adjust current as you need, but again this is what I think. There are multiple choices for stepper motors on inventables site. Check to see running current requirements. If one of them matching with your 3.2 v stepper, yes it is possible to replace with bigger one. I would say the best way, you better contact tech support for this questin, if no one answers your question here.
If it works, yes to your question, it is worth.

Hello,

I dropper them an email 'cause I’m really not an ‘electrician guy’, but I just want to replace 3 motor from theoz-inch to the oz-inc motor.

But I just noticed this: “The larger 262oz-in NEMA 23 stepper motors are not recommended to be used with the X-Carve due to the capabilities of the stock electronics and may not fit the Z-Axis.”

Maybe is better for me to wait the answer from Inventables.

Alex

1 Like

Got an answer from Inventables, I need to replace the controller, then I can use them with no problem.

2 Likes