Is there a 4x8kit out there worth having?

So do you still like it now or have you had any problems? I’m debating on zenbot or the wright cnc company.

If you are willing to do DIY and have more than decent results there is this version:

https://www.v1engineering.com/lowrider-cnc/

If you are skeptical on the results go to the gallery and go to the Lowrider section and you’ll see what people have been able to make.

IMHO, the zenbot appears WORLDS more sturdy than the wright cnc. The lowrider option looks like a great toy, the concerns with it are too numerous to mention.

I use my zenbot daily. It cuts well with a 1.5kw spindle. The results are repeatable and dead on. I did have a motor shaft break, but I think that was just bad luck and it was immediately replaced. I cut mostly mdf and melamine.

I would recommend to anyone looking to spend less than $5000. The next level up is (maybe is the chinese 1325 I think). Going up around $9k-$11k there are many options. $20k+ sky’s the limit.

Zenbot is pretty good. Great for the money.

No you are right it is a great toy. It even made another toy that you made and was featured on reddit with pretty damn good results. https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/bar-top-arcade/#post-43599

Edit: Should clarify that I understand you are probably in more of a commercial hobbyist application need but just wanted to point it out as an option because you never know.

1 Like

Well after a lot of debate I was gonna order from Shaun and I changed my mind. I just now decided that I would eat the cost now and it would pay off later. I went with cnc router parts but I’m gonna be waiting at least 6 weeks for the 4x8 pro kit. I also got the nema 34 electronic plug and play. Spindle I’ll use a router till I save more for a plug and play from them or just do it myself. I want to thank you for your input and sorry for the late response.

Just got its table welded together. (Lower half) wow it is a beauty just gonna say if it’s in your budget this thing is a beauty.

1 Like

What’s the budget?

Hey,
i thinks that before buying something you need to have complete research on it. to know complete info about Best 4×8 CNC Routers in 2020 you can go to a blog which i found completely relevant for you and it doesn’t harm the forum policies. This blog will give you top 12 best 4×8 CNC Routers in 2020 and their pricing and you can chose from them. so click here to know about that.
Hope it might help you in gaining some knowledge.

I made my x carve into a 4x8 a long time ago. All with parts from inventables store. I just bough more rails to get 8ft.