Is there a way to cut the outermost lines completely through

Is there a way to cut the outermost lines of a line picture completely through, while keeping the inner lines as a superficial depth?

Also, is there a good way to add lines to the picture as well as erase lines? I’m thinking something like paint or photoshop as an example?

I’m very new to this, so I’m sure ill have a few questions along the way.

Thank you in advance.

Rex

Welcome to the forum, use the offsetter app to create an outline, for erasing lines if you cant just click on the element and delete it you will have to delete it node by node, to add elements there is a drawing tool and then edit the nodes. If you can show us an example or share your file of what you are trying to accomplish.

Here is what I am trying to do for my daughter, both in color and converted. I am trying to get the exterior portion of the head cut through completely, while only superficial cuts for the rest of the face.

Thank you,
Rex

Share your Easel file we will show you how to do it, See if Russel beets me to it.

file/ share with a link / copy / save / paste

1 Like

Try this, 2 versions one mask is a bit smaller

Thank you, but can you explain how it was done? I am trying to learn for my own knowledge as well as have the knowledge to help others.

Are you familiar with InkScape? Its a program that a lot of people use to correct and design images. PawPaws Workshop on YouTube has some great videos on using InkScape and Easel.
You would import the image into InkScape and then do a trace, after the trace you can edit the nodes to you get what you like.
Russell

1 Like

Thank you! I heard of InkScape only in passing, but had no idea what it did. Ill check it out.

I really appreciate your assistance Russell, as well as you Steve!

Rex

1 Like

This one was done in Inkscape.

My Inkscape skills are week I did this in Easel. I used the Offsetter App the drawing tool and edited nodes were I needed to.

I noticed that the offsetter tool is limited in that the shape outlines do change to being softer when increasing the gap distance when there doesn’t seem to be a need for these lines to soften up