Is/was your X-Controller Noisy?

Hello guys,

To my surprise, my brand new X-Controller was too noisy out of the box as shown at the 1:18 mark of the video below:

I tracked down the problem to vibration from the cooling fan being transferred through its M3 screws to the Controller Board and then to the chassis. Once the contact points were eliminated, the excessive noise went away.

Did your X-Controller have this noise issue?

Note: this X-Controller was purchased at the end of 2016 but finally got around to building it recently. I would imagine Inventables fixed this issue long ago.

1 Like

I know this is old but my controller is so loud I want to put it outside!

I had the fan issue, solved it by adding small o-ring on each screw. The noise is still bad. When I opened the case to find it I noticed my power supply motor fan was not running. hit it with air and it ran, then stopped.

Got a new one and it runs fine but the noise is still over the top!

IDEAS?

every time mine gets loud; I clean-it . then it gets quite again. :shushing_face: :thinking:

My fan also sounded like this… Replaced the motor with like size… Noise gone…
New fan has the same bolt pattern and voltage, just a little thinner… Found it on Amazon…

Check amazon for the same size, same power BUT make sure it’s a “Brushless” type fan and that it uses “Dual Ball Bearings” this will cost an extra $5 ish but has about 8x the lifespan and is 40% quieter than a new fan in the standard brushed type with brass bushing style. “Brushless, Ball Bearing” is the only type of fan I buy anymore!

Great advice!

1 Like